Okskaya Sudoverf to Build MPSV12 Design Multifunctional Tug for Marine Rescue Service
Marine Rescue Service has already received four ships from the MPSV12 project
On May 28, 2021, the State Customer Department signed a contract with Okskaya Sudoverf for the construction of a 2.5-3 MW MPSV12 multifunctional tug, says the press center of the Federal Maritime Transport Agency. and riverine (Rosmorrechflot).
The vessel is intended for maritime rescue service.
Ships of this design are also under construction at the Nevsky Shipyard. Marine Rescue Service has already received and commissioned four ships from the MPSV12 project.
MPSV12 Multifunctional Rescue Tug (MSV) is a shallow draft vessel with Arctic Ice Arc 5 class, with an inclined rod, with a long double-decker forecastle, with ER located in the middle, with power system diesel, with 2 adjustable pitch propellers 2 bow thrusters and one aft.
Purpose of the vessel:
– reserve service, rescue duty in shipping, fishing, marine oil and gas areas depending on the class of the vessel
– search and assistance for damaged vessels in distress
– rescue, repair of ships and diving work to a depth not exceeding 60 m, also diving work with underwater welding and cutting
– towing service of ships and damaged objects to the shelter area, as well as sea towing of ships, floating objects and constructions in ice and open water conditions
– fire fighting fuel burning on water, emergency oil spill response service for oil and petroleum product spills
−Search and inspection of potentially accidental underwater objects
– search, rescue, evacuation and placement of people, provision of first aid to the injured
– assistance in the fight against fires of floating and coastal objects accessible from the sea
– delivery and unloading of various cargoes, including general cargo, off-shore containers, liquid cargo, etc.
– personnel delivery – working class ROV with a service depth of up to 3000 m
General characteristics of the vessel: LOA – approx 79.85 m, LBP – 73.39 m, width – 17.36 m, BOA (including fender) – 17.36 m, DWL draft – 3.20 m , max draft – 4.50 m, DWT at DWL draft – approx. 330 tonnes, DWT at max draft – approx. 182 tonnes, maximum rated power of main engines – 2 x 2610 kW, speed at 3.2 meters draft and 85 pct of main engine power – 14 knots, endurance (fuel, water, food) – at least 30 days; fuel range – about 4,000 nm; crew – 12; accommodation of people rescued – 87; special staff – 22.
Russian shipping register class: КМ Arc5  AUT2 FF2WS DYNPOS-2 SalvageShip.